Potential Problem for Dental White in the UK?
eBay and Amazon are no more selling teeth whitening kits in the UK. What does this mean? Are home teeth whitening kits like Dental White going to be banned in the UK?
Higher bleach levels in the Home Teeth Whitening kits
Though Dental White is FDA (Food and Drug Administration of United States) approved, it has higher Hydrogen Peroxide level than the legal limit allowed under Cosmetic Products (Safety) Regulations in the UK.
Legal limit of Hydrogen Peroxide in home teeth whitening kits in the UK is 10%. But more than 90% of teeth whitening kits being sold online have more than 10%, while some even have more than 30%!
Dr Georges Dental White is Completely Legal in the US
As per US standards, home teeth whitening kits can have up to 16% hydrogen peroxide (Carbamide Peroxide).
- Dr. George’s Dental White is the only home teeth whitening kit that has FDA certificate. It is the number one home teeth whitening kit in the US.
- Dental White was featured on Ophrah 8 times!
- Millions of people in the US have successfully used Dental White since 1989!
But Dental White Does Not meet UK standards
Central England Trading Standards Authorities bought and tested 20 brands of teeth whitening kits from pharmacists and online stores.
18 out of 20 home teeth whitening kits had more hydrogen peroxide level than the legal limit of 10%. Among them 14 contained amounts of hydrogen peroxide ranging from 0.24% to 23.8% which is considered unsafe even in the US.
Only two kits, namely, Boots Expert Teeth Whitening Programme and the ‘Brilliant’ tooth whitening system had within the approved limit. Read more at http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/6240048.stm
Even Dr. Georges Dental White, which is being sold by its official distributors Smile 4 You in the UK since 4 years, does not meet Cosmetic Products (Safety) Regulations of the UK.
It is said that manufacturers and suppliers of teeth whitening kits with higher Hydrogen Peroxide levels are now being contacted and are advised to withdraw products from the market.
Is Dental White Going to be banned in the UK?
Do not know, but as it does not meet UK standards, it may be taken off the UK market at any time, if its distributors get a warning from Trading Standards Authorities.
Is Dental White still safe to use?
It is true that higher levels of Hydrogen peroxide, the bleaching agent used in teeth whitening gels, can aggravate gum disease and cause sensitive teeth – or even chemical burns to the mouth.
But as far as safety of Dental White is considered, following points must be taken into consideration
- Dental White has 16% Hydrogen Peroxide which is not likely to cause such side effects as per well known US Dentist Dr. George.
- In fact 16% Hydrogen Peroxide gels give faster results without any side effects.
- Even 10% Hydrogen Peroxide gels work, but they take longer to deliver noticeable results.
- When it is safe in the US, how it is not safe for people of the UK is a big question. Millions of people in the US are using it since 1989!
At present Dental White Can be bought in the UK
As of now, Dental White is not banned in the UK. So People can purchase it online from its official distributors. But, one cannot deny the chances of it getting banned in the UK in future. Visit Smile4you.com to buy Dental White